Sri Ramalinga Sowdambigai College of Science and Commerce is one of the many folded contributions of Sri Ramalinga Sowdambigai Educational Trust, founded by a group of eminent people from various walks of life. The College was started in the year 1997 with a noble vision of imparting quality education to the students especially to the rural student population.
Situated in Onappalayam Village on Vadavalli – Thondamuthur Road and sprawling over 14 acres of land amidst beautiful surroundings at the foot of the Western Ghats, near famous Maruthamalai Hill Temple the college has a magnificent main building in ground, first and second floors covering an area of approximately 20,000 square feet and a big auditorium.
Every department has its own laboratory that is well-equipped. The central laboratory of Information Technology facilitates teaching on various subjects. In this manner all these modern laboratories provide an outstanding facility for learning and developing skills that are required for the students of present day.
Class rooms with good furniture, fully air conditioned Computer Lab with latest Pentium Machines. The library has a huge collection of books, including 1000 volumes, good periodicals, wide-ranging reference books and computer-based information services. One also can get help from its collection of textbooks, college catalogues and previous examination papers. In addition the library subscribes to multitudes of professional journals of international fame.
In accordance with the growing demand of the fast changing modern world, our institution has resolved to adopt the four pillars of education.
Learning to know
Learning to Do
Learning to live together
Learning to be
To achieve these aspects of real education, the college is all set with efficient faculty team and dedicated management. The Management, the Principal and the faculty members take keen interest to preserve our arts, culture, heritage and good discipline among the students apart from imparting knowledge and wisdom.